CMS provides the following services year-round
- Information and referral to community resources
- Food Pantry
- Informational sessions and/or individual coaching by CMS staff or qualified volunteers to promote both overall health and safe work habits
- Blood pressure checks are available during hours of operation by request
- Communication between workers and employers: interpretation and basic translation service may be available through CMS.
- Interpretation and transportation services for worker’s medical and/or dental appointments may be available
- Health care access: CMS connects workers to services at Marillac Health and other local health care providers
For further information on our services, please call us at (970) 464-5226 or email [email protected]
Thanks to all who donate needed items throughout the year
We’re grateful for the donations we receive through the Grand Valley Interfaith Network (GVIN) food drives twice each year. The food and hygiene products we receive are being made available to farmworkers and their families.
If you would like to donate, we always welcome individual and community efforts that provide food and personal hygiene supplies for our year-round pantry. Donations of warm clothing such as jackets, gloves, socks and hats are also welcome during the winter months.
We seek non-perishable items such as canned whole corn and other vegetables as well as dry pinto beans, rice, canned fruit, oatmeal and other cereals, and cooking oil. We would like to provide dried fruit, energy bars, granola bars and other snacks for people working in the orchards. Masa harina corn flour for making tortillas, atoles and tamales is an important kitchen staple. When we get jars of “nopalitos” (sliced, prepared cactus pads) or similar foods, they fly off the shelf! We can always use eye drops, topical pain medication (such as Icy Hot and similar patches) and sunscreen.
For more information on additional items desired for the CMS food pantry, please call 970-464-5226 or email [email protected]